I found this at Azraee FB and he wrote based on his own experience. Something nice for me and I want to share it here. Comparison of working in US in the 90's dot.com years and now.
1. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different organizations. Now it is only different departments.
2. Your resume is in a diskette in your pocket. Now it is on Lina Jobstreet and LinkedIn.
3. You get really excited about a 2% pay raise. Now still true since hit the ceiling already.
4. You learn about your layoff on the news. Now it is on the intranet.
5. Your biggest loss from a system crash is that you've lost your best jokes. Now, I have multiple dropbox accts :-p
6. Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job. Still true now.
7. Salaries of the members on the Executive Board are higher than all the developing countries' gross national products combined. Still true now.
8. It's dark when you drive to and from work. Now go home at dawn and come back to work at 10am.
9. Communication is something your section is having problems with. Still true.
10. You see a good-looking person and know it is a visitor. Now we know they are all from Banking.
11. Free food left over from meetings is your main staple. Malaysian leftover is still better!
12. Being sick is defined as "can't walk" or "in the hospital". Sad but true at least for me.
13. You're already late on the work task you just got. Still true now even in Malaysia.
14. You work 200 hours for a $100 bonus check and jubilantly say "Oh wow, THANKS!!". Hey, now I can claim mileage with printouts of meeting appointments.
15. Your supervisor's favorite lines are, "When you get a few spare minutes", "In your spare time", "When you're freed up" and "I have an opportunity for you". Still true now even in Malaysia.
16. "Vacation" is something you roll over to next year, or a check you get every January. Still true now even in Malaysia.
17. Your relatives and family describe your job as "working with computers". Now they just add "in BNM' at the end.
18. Your business cards are no longer correct just one month after you receive them. Well may be true in the coming months....
19. You have every "Cup-A-Soup" brand known to man in your desk drawer. Now its Korean udon.
20. You have no hobbies that do not involve an electronic device. Now is the same also - ipad, iPhone, Android, PSP, iPod, various smartphones, web technologoies etc.
21. During any outside-of-work event that vaguely resembles a social activity, your co-workers outnumber your family members. Sad but true.
22. You must fill in your own job performance evaluations and target goals because no one else really knows what you do anyway. Besides, the HR Department was outsourced last month. Haha! Still true!
23. You read this entire list and understood it.